Our Mission Statement
WSA-OC is dedicated to enriching the lives of women through expanded access to sailing related activities and educational opportunities. WSA-OC is committed to preserving and protecting our oceans and contributing to our local community through on-the-water philanthropic activities.
Check out this video and see us at the Dana Point 2022 Festival of the Whales.
After 35 years of supporting the So Cal women’s sailing community, Women’s Ocean Racing Sailing Association (WORSA) was re-branded as Women’s Sailing Association (WSA-OC) to reflect our desire to serve a broader cross-section of the sailing community. We are committed to supporting women sailors of all stripes; from the advanced to novice including racers, cruisers and day-sailors. We are also committed to supporting our local community through programs that introduce at-risk youth to sailing and provide education about protecting our marine environment. Membership in WSA-OC is open to women and men who support the advancement of women in sailing. Activities center around the Dana Point and Newport Beach Harbors of Orange County, California.
WSA-OC’s activities include:
- Monthly meetings on sailing related topics
- Day Sails, On the Water Training, & Social Sails
- Cruises to Catalina
- Sail for the Blind & Visually Impaired
- Participation in the annual Sailing Convention for Women
- Racing opportunities with the WSA-OC race team, the OSeas
- Access to WSA-OC members-only Facebook Group providing additional sailing opportunities and invitations to informal gatherings
- Opportunities to network with other local sailing enthusiasts
- Member SCYA — eligible to participate in PHRF regattas
- Club participation in the annual Linda Elias Memorial Women’s One Design (LEMWOD) regatta
WSA-OC seeks to provide:
- Camaraderie and Fun